I am an English teacher at M's English School, a private English conversation school in Takasaki, Gunma, Japan. I have taught students of all ages, from pre-verbal children to retired senior citizens.
Some of my projects have included:
- Creating educational CDs to accompany our published textbooks. See beaunussound.com for examples.
- Developing some administrative processes to allow concurrent users and easy distribution of information.
- Developing materials for various age groups and skill levels.
- Editing scientific writing for publication.
Since I first got a 4-track tape recorder in high school, I have been supremely interested in audio recording. I have experience with songwriting, production, and manufacturing. I write software to automate some technical processes.
Some of my work can be seen at beaunussound.com.
I wrote a REAPER script to make CDs at M's English School.
I was an English teacher at Gasan Elementary School in Busan, South Korea. I taught students from age 6 to 12.
Some of my projects included:
- Broadcasting a weekly closed-circuit reading practice television show.
- Arranging and recording the students performing the school's song.
After Second Shift finished, some of the members, along with one new member, started a new band called The Redcoats. We played some new songs and old songs in new ways.
From 2007 - 2009, I worked at Camp Jam in Atlanta, Georgia. I was the Director for 1 year and the Audio Engineer for 2 years. I taught students from age 11 to 17.
For a few years, I was a partner in a recording company called In The Red Productions. We produced studio ensemble, vocal, and live band recordings.
Second Shift was a band based in Atlanta, GA. We did some really fun things, e.g.:
- Opening for Weezer.
- Hosting a Rock 'n' Roll Circus that featured excellent bands from around the Southeast.
- Playing at the legendary CBGB music club.
- Playing on the 99x Locals Only stage at the Music Midtown festival in Atlanta, GA.
- Playing at the Warped Tour stop in Atlanta, GA.
I engineered many of our self-produced recordings. Our PR company desgined our website. I did the code. secondshiftmusic.com
After my previous company moved to another state, I worked at Interland, a company that created websites for individuals and small companies. My main responsibilities were:
- Guiding customers through product design, content creation, revisions, implementation, and web-site deployment.
- Managing up to 15 accounts at a time.
- Working with artwork and programming staff to satisfy customers’ individual needs. (HTML, CSS)
- Creating custom spreadsheets to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines. (Microsoft Excel)
Shortly after university, I got a programming job at Intelliworks. This is what I worked on:
- Programming a Customer Relationship Management system in ColdFusion, SQL, HTML, and CSS.
- Writing user interfaces for database driven web applications.
My first year in university, I played 7th bass drum in The University of Georgia Redcoat Band Drumline. During football season, we performed in front of tens of thousands of people each weekend. Throughout the course of the year, we performed 3 different halftime shows.
I met some of my best friends in the world in the Collins Hill High School marching band. I played bass drum and tenors. For my last two years, I was section leader. Our drumline won many state-wide awards during the time that I was there. Mostly thanks to our brilliant band directors.